Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thank you Mrs. Claus

Mrs. Claus was very nice to me this year; I was gifted with a couple of gift certificates to the local game store. As always now I am faced with the big question, what do I spend them on? I am currently working on 3 armies, that’s right 3. The upside thing about working on 3 armies is, you don't get bored painting the same repetitious color. The downside none of them are finished.
I don’t seem to have enough time to paint one, and here I am trying to paint 3. It would also help if I could focus. I am beginning to think I am ADHD, but that subject would be a whole different blog.

Anyway I now have a little extra cash to pick up some new figures or a vehicle, but I really am at a loss on which to get. Presently I am in the process of building up my Crimson Fists Army, but there are still a few things I need to complete my Eldar and Tau. So after making a list and checking it twice (sorry had to do it), I have narrowed it down to following selections:

The Space Marine Land Raider / Crusader / Redeemer
- The number one bad boy of the space marines, it’s like the soccer mom’s hummer. Its big, its expensive and looks damn intimidating rolling down the street. My crimson fists are a little lean on heavy support and transport, and this machine would do the job for both. For nostalgia’s sake, I was thinking of scratch building a couple of MK I’s for my fists, but I don’t they would ever look as good as the Mk II.

A Space Marine Devastator Squad
- That’s right the boys with the big toys. These guys would also be a great addition to my fists, but there are only 5 in the box. And honestly, I would most likely break them up to complete some partial tactical squads. So I think I might just order a couple of space marines with heavy bolters/ plasma Cannons/ Lascannons for that purpose.

Eldar Farseer and Council
- A little psychic guidance could be good for my eldar, they have been working with an substitute farseer (an adequately painted warlock) for quite some time.

Tau Sniper Drone Team
- Not only does this set look good, but it could also be a good tactical choice. Although with 2 hammerheads/ Ion Cannon and 2 XV88s, I have plenty of heavy weapon support at present.

Tau Piranha
- I loved this model when it was first released by forgeworld, but it was really out of my price range. I could get 2 of them, which would cover the fast attack options nicely.

Regardless of my choice, I intend to show their progress on this blog, but now I have to go. I need to get ready for my Dungeons and Dragons (4th ed.) game this week. It’s has been a lot of fun. The new rules are pretty good, and plays like a miniature strategy game. Currently we are using counters, which gets confusing sometimes. Hmmm miniature strategy game, reaper has some good miniatures. They would look good on the table, no counters … oh crude, I think I need a new list.

No comments: