Saturday, May 23, 2009

1500, Maybe 40k Radio is right..

So Lately I have been listening to 40k Radio podcast archives. It's really good and informative. I recommend checking it out, if you have already. Anyway the hosts, Spencer and Scott have been talking about playing games at 1500 points. I admit that this sounds good to me.

So in keeping with that idea, I have begun planning my armies to the 1500 point level with a few options. Up until recently I have been just been buying what is cool, and now my armies are totally out of balance with no real predetermined point value. In the past I was more of a painter than a player so this really didn't matter to me.

However several factors have started to change my mind, such as the rising cost of models (even plastic), and GW's inability or desire to maintain army balance and updates in past Codexes. (That is another rant for another time.) So ...

I learned during the tourney at AAG, that sometimes the best or coolest looking army isn't the most successful. So I am now trying to find that balance between a cool, but effective army.

Also by having some direction before purchasing and with my choice not to renew my White Dwarf subscription, I hope to reduce my spending. Hopefully I can channel this saved capitol into another army or may I dare say it another game..

No comments: