Saturday, May 23, 2009

Devastators




Devastator: One who lays waste or renders desolate. One who overwhelms, as with shock.

Lately, I have been working on my Devastator Squads.

I really like the Devastator Kit, all the models look really good and I can exchange them with the heavy weapon marine in the Tactical Squads. Also the Devastator Kit (9912101053, $35) is full of additional bitz, enough to build several extra heavy weapon marines. Combing the following kits; Tactical Squad (99120101025, $35), Space Marines (99120101035, $8) and the Devastator Kit, I was able to build the follow Squads costing $78.

Tactical Squad (8);
• Sergeant with bolt pistol and chainsword.
• Marine with missile launcher
• Marine with flamer
• 2 Marines with bolters
• 3 Marines with bolters (Space Marines Kit – 9912010135)

Devastator Squad #1
• Sergeant with chainsword.
• 2 Marine with Las Cannons
• 2 Marine with Plasma Cannons

Devastator Squad #2
• Sergeant with power fist (Marine from Tactical Squad Kit - 99120125)
• 2 Marine with heavy bolters (2 Marines from Tactical Squad Kit - 99120125)
• 1 Marine with Missile Launcher
• 1 Marine with Multi-melta (Marine from Tactical Squad Kit - 99120125)

Eventually I will be adding 2 more Tactical Squads, a Sternguard , Some Terminators and a Dreadnaught . I already have the “Assault on Black Reach” it was a good buy ($60) and it came with Orcs! So with another $70, I would have the following;

1 HQ - Captain
3 Tactical Squads (8 man)
2 Devastator Squads (7 man, 2 marines in each team to soak up some wounds)
1 Terminator Squad (5)
1 Dreadnaught (1)
1 Sternguard Veterans (5)

Or
1 HQ – Captain
4 Combat Squads (5 man)
1 Tactical Squad (8 man)
2 Devastator Squads (5 man)
1 Dreadnaught (1)
1 Sternguard Veterans (5)

Total Cost - $208,
I realize that there are other options to building my marine force, such as Space Marine Battle Force Set. However I really didn’t want the 2 units of scouts and I rather would have Razorbacks instead of Rhinos.

2 comments:

Wildhermit said...

Looking good Sherpa... Do my eyes deceive me or did you just post 3 times today? :)

As a side note, not sure how long ago your template changed... hope it was recent or my powers of observation just suck. I like it, nice and clean.

SHERPA said...

yes and yes, I posted so much today cause I had time and was over due. I changed the Template for a change of pace, think I will keep it for a change. .. Read your post about STAR TREK.. Nice job.