Sunday, April 26, 2015

New Codex.. New Rides for the Space Elfs!

I love when there is a new codex! Every new codex brings new model and (better or worse) mixes things up. This the 5th Eldar Codex for me, and I am looking forward to seeing the changes.


JET BIKES!
 
Speaking of changes; New (old) Eldar Jet Bikes.  I remember my first Eldar jet bike, it was metal (all metal) and it's canopy kept falling off.  In those days, I hadn't mastered superglue very well and all my metal models (which was all my models), kept falling apart.  I didn't get to use the bike very much, but it was really cool. Sadly I no longer have my older models due the great purge (a long story).


The original jet bike didn't have fins or side engines, it was skimpier and somewhat sleeker than its next incarnation, but this next version was PLASTIC! and it stayed together.This version of the Eldar jet bike was the standard for many years and served Eldar  faithfully for many years.

During the release of the 4th edition codex, saw glimpses on the internet of the new and improved jet bike sculpted by Jes Goodwin (big fan of his 40K artwork, especially Eldar!), it was never released and we continued on with the old jet bike.  However Jes' work had an impact. Bootleg versions of his work appeared on ebay, and players were constantly trying to convert their old bikes to capture the new look, because the look was awesome.

NOW! we have the latest Eldar Jet bike, its about time. Personally I have to many unfinished versions of the plastic "mark 2" Jet bikes to trade out for the new bike, but I am going to get a few just to update my army.  And I may try to modify some of the "mark 2"s to capture the sleeker look of the older bikes. All in all its a great time to be a Windrider.





No comments: