Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dark Angels, Pre Heresy Color Scheme

I have always liked the Dark Angels, especially during the Rogue Trader days. I mean what's not to like about basic black, it's formal, it's sexy and foreboding.  And although I like green as a color, to me Dark Angels should wear black.  I hope that they complete their quest to rid the universe of the fallen soon. Then they can wear black again.

When the Dark Vengeance Box Set Limited Edition was released, I got it basically for the rule book  and the Dark Angels miniatures and I sold off the Chaos parts.

My plan was to purchase another tactical squad on ebay and just have a small (500 pt) but playable army.  I had a box of  Devastators, an old dreadnought  and some odd space marine bits, so I was sure I could cobble something up.

As time went on I began to regret the selling of the Chaos part of the box set. Although I don't play Chaos, they were some really nice minis.  So I began looking on the internet to replace them, to complete the set.   However I was unable to find something in my price range and since I still need a tactical squad of DA's, I decided to get the regular Dark Vengeance box.

Now I have the Chaos miniatures, plus the Dark Angels x2. I also recently picked up the Deathwatch Command (cool mini's), which means plenty of Terminators. I am not sure what I will do with the extra Commander and  Librarian.  I might make bits out of them, or sell them.. I am not a big ebay user, so if anyone is interested let me know.

What I do know is that I will not be painting them green or bone..
I am thinking.. well.. black!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sir, what is the book you got the first picture above from?

Unknown said...

Sir, what is the book you got the first picture above from?